Stewardship is the lifestyle of one who accepts Christ’s lordship and walks in partnership with God, acting as His agent in managing His affairs on earth.
The department of Stewardship assists administration in accomplishing the mission of the church through leadership training and the education of the church members in stewardship principles. More specifically, the purpose of the department of Stewardship is to aid in the integration of the faith walk with God into every area of life-individually and corporately.
- To emphasize the lordship of Jesus Christ
- To enhance the integration of the gospel into the Christian lifestyle
- To encourage faithful stewardship
- and to facilitate the individual, corporate, and leadership dimensions of stewardship as partnership of with God.
To acknowledge and facilitate the individual, corporate, and leadership dimensions of faithfulness to God.
The department of Stewardship is in charge with the following responsibilities to the administration:
- Initiate strategic planning
- Train the Union, Mission/Conference stewardship departmental leadership in the principles of and practices, as well as teaching and training methods.
- Coordinate the stewardship Certification for training directors, pastors, and local church leaders in consultation with unions and missions/conferences, including certification curriculum.
- Prepare education materials annually, including materials on the usage of tithe and offerings.
- Participate with the church leadership in developing strategic objectives, goals, plans, and budgets to advance the mission of the church.