- To emphasize the lordship of Jesus Christ
- To enhance the integration of the gospel into the Christian lifestyle
- To encourage faithful stewardship
- and to facilitate the individual, corporate, and leadership dimensions of stewardship as partnership of with God.
To acknowledge and facilitate the individual, corporate, and leadership dimensions of faithfulness to God.
- Initiate strategic planning
- Train the Union, Mission/Conference stewardship departmental leadership in the principles of and practices, as well as teaching and training methods.
- Coordinate the stewardship Certification for training directors, pastors, and local church leaders in consultation with unions and missions/conferences, including certification curriculum.
- Prepare education materials annually, including materials on the usage of tithe and offerings.
- Participate with the church leadership in developing strategic objectives, goals, plans, and budgets to advance the mission of the church.